Muhammed Yuceer, Ph.D. – Personal Website
My name is Muhammed Yuceer and i am an experienced scientist, senior consultant of food-egg based ingredients, and an entrepreneur in egg processing.
The purpose of this personal web site’s platform is to provide you with information about my professional, academic, educational background, and +12 years industrial experience.
To make the best use of my technical and experimental skills and contribute to the development and better understanding of science for benefit.
Biography – Curriculum Vitae
- Dr. Muhammed Yuceer, Ph.D., MSc., B.Sc, is an expert in egg processing (pasteurized eggs, egg powder-dehydrated, freezing, read-to-eat, reheated). Dr.Yuceer is an academician (Assist. Prof. Dr. in the Department of Food Processing, Canakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Canakkale, Turkey). He received his bachelor’s degree from Yuzuncu Yil University’s department of food engineering (2002) in Van, and his master’s degree from Istanbul Technical University, department of food engineering (2007) in Istanbul where his research involved studying cholesterol reduced liquid egg yolk, in particular, its rheology and characterization under the guidance of Prof.Dr. Beraat Ozcelik. Yuceer obtained his Ph.D. in Food Engineering Department of Canakkale Onsekiz Mart University (2013) under the guidance of Prof.Dr. Cengiz Caner on the subject of extending the shelf life of egg using active packaging and novel preserving methods.
- His career began in 2002, the R&D; department of A.B Foods Company, which manufacturers’ egg products (liquid, frozen, powder), cakes, cake-gel, pastry products and processing aids for the food industry. Before joining the University of Canakkale Onsekiz Mart, he was a Deputy Director of Factory Manager (Prod. -Quality-R&D; Manager) for A.B Foods Company, as an egg-processing expert for +12 years. He is a member of several International Society and Chambers in the field of Food Science and Poultry. Dr. Yuceer is on the Editorial Board in several Journals. He authored one book in egg processing and 3 book chapters about principles and fundamentals of food chemistry. He also has more than 20 articles both in national and international peer-reviewed journals, 4 patents, and over 40 oral/poster presentations in national and international symposiums. His current research interests include an application of novel processing methods in egg science and shelf life extension of foods as well as functional foods. He works directly with the industry through the COMU-Trading Capital Service of R&D; Dept. and through commercial funded research projects.
- Dr. Yuceer’s research focused on the application of novel techniques (antimicrobial packaging, edible coating, ozone, ultrasound, etc.) and processing aids (enzymes) in egg & egg products. He has deep knowledge of egg product manufacturing technology with over +18 years of wide experience in egg processing research. Yuceer is married and is a father of three children. Dr. Yuceer has a startup (innoyum biotechnology) and providing value-added biomaterials from eggshell biowaste in commercial egg processing plants.
- Professional Areas: Sustainable Egg Processing, New Applications for Egg Ingredients and Egg-based Technology, Egg Products Bioprotection Techniques, Separation/Fractionization for Value Added Egg Products for Biopharmaceutical Industry, Multiprotein Approach, Texturized Egg Protein Processing, Protein Modification, Egg Ingredients for Sports Nutrition, Thermal Processing, and Emerging Technologies, Confectionary and Baking Products, Plant Design for Egg and Egg Products. Developing novel edible coatings based on bio-materials for prolonging the shelf life of eggs and improving overall quality.
- Motto: The Engineering Solutions for Perfect Results in Egg Processing & Customer Satisfaction.
- Availability of Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammed Yuceer;
- Industry Projects with Egg Processing Plans and Food Manufacturers
- Masters Research or PhD student supervision in Food Science & Technology
- Collaborative projects (National & International)
- Join a web conference as a panelist or speaker
- Research Projects and Implementation of Food Industry
- Membership of an advisory committee
- We are looking for highly motivated MSc students and post-doctoral researchers to join our research group.
News: My latest research on [Evaluation of physicochemical properties on meringue prepared from phospholipase A2 enzyme-hydrolyzed liquid egg albumen] has just been published with @SpringerNature in [@European Food Research and Technology]